There is a wealth of material available on how to improve your relationship with your family, boss, or coworkers. You never hear, on the other hand, about how to have a more nourishing relationship with yourself.
The most essential relationship you have is the one you have with yourself! The majority of your issues with yourself stem from a lack of self-awareness.
It's possible that you've spent the majority of your life avoiding yourself. We don't want to confront our flaws or confront unpleasant thoughts. But since you can't get away from yourself, you might as well make some friends. And one thing many Moms do not realize is that when you improve your relationship with yourself, this also positively impacts your relationship with your son.
1. Begin each day with prayer, gratitude, and positive thoughts. Spend the time with yourself rather than going for your phone as soon as you wake up. Make a mental note of a few things that make you thankful for your life. Say something encouraging to yourself
2. Make journaling a practice. It's important to document your thoughts and life. In the morning or evening, set aside some time to write for a few minutes. You'll gain a lot of perspective and appreciation for your life as a result of this experience. Demonstrate to yourself that your life is important.
3. Allow yourself to let go of your avoidance behaviors. What do you do when you're having a bad day emotionally? Shop? Eat? Scroll social media? Instead, this could be a good time to sit with yourself instead of avoiding yourself.
4. Meditate. Consider meditation to be quality time spent with yourself. Begin with a few minutes and gradually increase the time as you become more comfortable. Meditating will teach you how your mind works.
5. Devote time to your own growth. What is it that you feel you need to learn?
6. Have fun! Make plans to have some fun in your life. Get a monthly massage or sign up for ballroom dance classes with your partner or a friend. It's your life, after all. Take pleasure in it.
7. Learn to forgive yourself. You've made some mistakes in life, but that doesn't mean you should doubt or punish yourself for the rest of your life. It's time to put the past behind you and move forward.
8. Take care of your physical body. You only have 1 body. When you take care of it, it will take care of you.
9. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Nobody can manage everything at all times. We all require assistance at some point in our lives. That assistance could come from a trustworthy friend or a professional. Playing superwoman can only hurt you in the long run. So learn to be strong enough to ask for and accept help.
How well do you know yourself? How well do you manage yourself? Both could always use a little enhancement. It’s not always easy to live with yourself, but remember that you have a lot to offer yourself!
Spend some time each day being good to yourself. Have some fun and spend some time on your personal development. Strengthen the most important relationship of all - the one with yourself.